Friday, August 30, 2019

Run Brightly, Pack Lightly With IllumiNITE

My Fave travel tote bag, made by my Mom
from cloth I purchased in a marketplace
near Konko Village in Ghana
I've been traveling a lot lately, and it's been hard to keep the days of the week straight, let alone know what time it is in the whatever place I woke up. But my nonstop traveling has finally slowed for a bit, and it's give me a chance to give my weary legs and even wearier luggage a much needed rest.

So I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on all the places I've run this year: California, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island! (I know I'm forgetting a state or two in there!) I've run two mountain races, a bunch of smaller road races (13.1 miles or less), and not one, but two, ultramarathons!

Oh right! In May, I ran Kintyre Way Ultra, a 32-mile ultramarathon from Tayinloan to Tarbert, Scotland! How could I ever forget that?! Don't worry, I didn't really forget. But I did forget to compile the video! So guess what I did today?! Hope you enjoy it! I've embedded it at the end of the post.


Sleepy but cozy, wearing IllumiNITE apparel
on my plane ride to my next destination
As marathon training once again kicks into high gear (we're at half marathon distance this weekend—Woot!), I'm getting excited for some upcoming races. More races also means more travel! But at this point I feel like a pro—maybe not quite George Clooney in Up In the Air pro. But I do alright. And I'm so grateful that IllumiNITE clothing packs light and compact for travel. It's so easy to just roll up (or fold) and store in any type of luggage. Whether I'm lugging a large suitcase, hoisting a small carry-on, or shouldering a small tote bag, IllumiNITE clothing makes traveling lightweight and easy. Check out my IllumiNITE Apparel Revealed for the Kintyre Way Ultra video to see just how compact IllumiNITE apparel can get. What I love about this video is that the packaging reminds me of a clown car....the bright clothing just keeps tumbling out! Additionally, I often wear IllumiNITE capris, tee-shirt, and sometimes a jacket for lengthy travel times. This keeps me so comfortable while sitting for long periods of time and allows for a second (or third) workout outfit on-the-go.

And on-the-go I'll be very soon! I have a few small road races coming up, and I'll post those soon on an event page I'm in the midst of creating. But I'm most excited for my next two marathons! *Drumroll please*

At the end of October, I'll be at the Cape Cod Clam Chowdah Challenge in Falmouth, Massachusetts. I'm just running the marathon on Sunday, but I'll be at the Expo with IllumiNITE on Saturday. Stop on by to say HI! and check out IllumiNITE's latest styles! Are you running the full Challenge (39.3 miles in two days)? I did in 2017, and it was so much fun!

In November, I'll be at Athens Marathon, the Authentic! As a writer, I'm always traveling to my favorite writer's homes and gravesites for inspiration. So naturally, as an official marathoner, I must run the original marathon route from Marathon to Athens! Plus, Greece! *Swoon*

Where are you most excited to run this year? Tell me what you're training for in the comments below!

And as promised, here's the video of me running Kintyre Way Ultra! (Spoiler: there's a little something for you at the end of the video!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Marathon Music Motivation

Last weekend, Mike and I completed our longest training run—a whopping 20 miles! No matter how much I train, I'm always anxious about th...