|Let's get moving! We lift each other up when feeling down|
IllumiNITE Featherlite Packable Jacket & Men's Endeavor Tank
To destress, laughter is the best medicine
IllumiNITE Waterproof Colorado Jacket & WindBrite Pant
© Matt Francis Photos
With stress levels on the rise, we're doing our best to implement most of Lee's advice. Some of it seems like common sense, but when times are tough it can be easy to forget that the little things in life really do bring a great sense of calmness and joy. So, we looked into what we have right in front of us that can utilize. Here's what we've come up with, and it's working1
To destress, we:
|He lights up my life...and my tee|
IllumiNITE Vision Pullover & Love Tee
1. Add bright colors to our wardrobe to brighten our mood
2. Move our bodies every single day (even a 15-minute walk around our neighborhood on our most busiest days helps)
3. Run in the rain
4. Run in the dark
| When it rains...you run!|
IllumiNITE Savannah Tee &
Jammer Running Short
6. Go for a hike on a mountain
7. Visit with family outside and socially-distanced
8. Plant flowers and trees and spruce up our backyard
9. Physically put away our phones, computers, TV for much needed breaks from the outside world
10. Play a board game or cards
11. Cook flavorful, healthy meals together (usually also full of color!)
|It's all about perspective|
12. Sit quietly on the couch or outside with our favorite mugs or glasses filled with coffee, tea, or wine (okay, sometimes bourbon too), and just be in the moment
13. Read uplifting books about the underdog winning
15. Watch our favorite sitcoms and funny movies and laugh, laugh, laugh
16. Go to sleep at the same time every night in a quiet, dark room (no electronics allowed)
|Game night...healthy snacks |
& strategic sneak attacks
17. Surprise each other with love notes or small gifts "just because"
18. Be spontaneous and throw our routine to the wind for an impromptu activity, like getting takeout from our favorite restaurant, going for a long drive, or even just opening that specialty chocolate we've been saving for a rainy day19. Put on music from "the good old days" and dance, dance, dance in the living room
20. Name five things that bring us joy each, even if it's something minor like enjoying a sunny day, spotting a woodpecker, or saying hello to a neighbor
I'm sure I could go on and on, but really, these 20 things have become our go-to ways to destress, unwind, and find joy. Implementing little bits of happiness into our lives each day helps us remember that everything is temporary, including these uncertain times, and having a positive attitude eases stress and anxiety.
Sound too simple? Don't believe me? Give it a try for a week, and then let me know how it went.
|Give a smile, receive a smile! No matter what's going on in life right now, |
a smile always helps.
IllumiNITE Waterproof Colorado Jacket & Sentinel Longsleeve Shirt
© Matt Francis Photos
What do you do to destress? Please share in a comment below. I'd love to add more joy into my life!